Saturday, November 07, 2009

Mind over Matter

They say the Human mind has enormous power and the human body is a slave to directions meted out on top. I just finished reading Dan Browns latest book: The lost symbols and I couldn’t help but agree more with it. Found it pretty captivating for almost the 3/4th of the book but then it fizzled out somehow for me. The day would come when we will bend the spoon with nothing but our thoughts. Even thinking about it gives me a new high and hope.


Dan Browns ability to co-relate different scriptures and his knowledge about myths and science is unfathomable and hats off to him for that. And it was even more interesting how Hindi mythology with other religions was intrically carved throughout this book. My interest to religion can be addressed to the fact my late maturity towards spiritualism and the unknown. I recently read an article which prophesized that Bhagwat Geeta was the first of all holy scriptures and all the religions thus far have been emanated from our very own Bhagwad Geeta says the great sage. Now despite being a staunch Hindu I feel somehow its blasphemy to proclaim that other religions have emanated from Hinduism.


Back to my original topic of Mind over Body, One should not become a slave to the mind by allowing to take control of our lives by thoughtless and reckless thinking and acts which subsequently originate from such thoughts. One should become aware and take reins of the mind by allowing it to be constructive. And like my earlier article keep reinventing yourself. There is no meaning to life if you keep doing the same things over and over again. Make mistakes, learn from them. Acceptance is the key to forgiveness and your peace of mind.


I know my recent writings are clouded by spiritualism and optimism but the more you believe in it the more it sinks in. But yes, I want to cherish my long lost dream of writing a novel someday. This is where I bow down to the great mind for directions. Because the stories that can be cooked up there, cannot be imagined in the wildest of dreams :)

2 comments:

  1. Hii, Narsimha

    me and sm of my frnds hv started an E-magazine called Reader’s Quotient, it is totally for a noble cause, i came across ur blog in my quest to search talented writers and felt worth to inquire if u shall be interested to come along with us
    If yes pls contact us at sangeeta.goswami@readersquotient.com

    waiting for ur revert

    regds sangeeta
    http://www.readersquotient.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so easy to set the mind right, i believe we all would be happier beings..and buddhas or maybe laughing buddhas. ;D( no this isn't a voice of a cynic)But i believe trying to do so is surely the key

    ReplyDelete