Thursday, April 08, 2010

Arabian Nights - V

She moved like an enigma on the floor, almost enchanting everyone present over there. She danced on three beautiful songs in a row without breaking the rhythm and then the lights came on and she called upon the ladies to come on stage. She taught them a move or two, the best one was, where she taught them how to swivel the boobs on rhythm in anticlockwise direction. All that jiggling just made up for all the day's stress and I was fresh as sugar cane juice just out of the machine (with ginger and lemon that is).

We were all so awe struck in her wake that we never realized how the time flew by and I only later realized that, there was only a Belly - Dancer, not Belly Dancers, my expectations were for a troop of hot belly dancers. That’s life I guess, you cannot get everything you wish for.

The sand felt like ice to our feet, the breeze had slowly worked up into an unmistaken intonation, the stars filled up the sky and shone brilliantly in the night sky, far far away from the nearest civilization. Sadly all these were indicators to remind us that we don’t belong here, it was time to go home. We packed our bags, took our belongings and it was time for us to head back the way we came.

The journey way back was pretty uninteresting except that I got to sit in the front seat this time and the Arab drove in the desert like the devil possessed from the camp site to the main highway. That was the only time I said a little prayer and remembered all my loved ones. After that it was just an uneventful journey on one straight road back home.

I was completely tired out of my wits as I reached home; I guess old age is slowly catching up. First thing I did was put all my clothes in the washing machine as there was sand everywhere and I so hate that. What happened next was a tragedy of epic proportions which I am trying very hard not to think about it and forget.

So that’s all folks, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much I enjoyed really being out there and writing about it.

Here is a link to all the pics.
picasaweb.google.com/narsimha.khedkar/ArabianNights#

2 comments:

  1. Hey nice write-up, very detailed in fact. Read all the five series.
    Enjoyed it!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rashmi thanks for ur kind words :) Glad u enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete