Saturday, April 03, 2010

Arabian Nights - I

I know the title sounds totally cliché, but can’t help it... So here we go

The story begins long ago on a Sunday morning when I was having my breakfast. I collected the receipt from the cashier and searched for a place to sit and have my breakfast in solitude and peace, so I sit down and for lack of anything better to read start going through the offers listed on the back of the receipt and one of the adverts instantly caught my attention, the ad was of HORMUZ travels which boasted of neatly lined camels with sand in the background which went as far as your eyes could reach, a mean 4x4 attacking the dunes and of course a Belly dancer.

The last image was enough for me to go into overdrive, and as it is after buying the SLR, Vikram & I were making plans of going on some kinda outing. So I gobbled down my French toast and called Vikram to ask if we should go and he agreed. I immediately called up the agent and booked two tickets and eagerly wait for the Friday. The anticipation was such that I was afraid I was going to get wet dreams!

So fast forward to present day Friday!

We put on loads of sun screen and had a light lunch taking heed from well wishers and head to the metro to catch a train till the pickup point which was Deira City Centre. We were half n hour early so I was trying my hand at some Voyeur photography. (I took clicked photos throughout the day at every possible instance of every possible thing in sight; the count had reached 900 till evening!). The agent calls at sharp 3:30 and the Land cruiser was already half filled (I thought to myself there goes my front seat experience). There was a Bori family at the back who yapped about how their sons were so dependent on them before and how they have changed after marriage. It was truly a nightmare come true so we both decided to put on our headphones!

There was this super duper tiny munchkin next to me, she was so devilishly cute, I couldn’t resist playing with her. But as soon as I removed my camera she went all pink and became camera shy! But still have some amazingly cute stealth photos. En route, I was doing knowledge transfer to Vikram of whatever little camera skills I have picked up by reading and experimenting so that I don’t end up having no pictures of the trip :P.

P.S (To be continued...)
P.P.S(Promise I will not leave it midway)
P.P.P.S (Thanks to @poojster for editing my posts and being a #GG)

5 comments:

  1. Aww..thanks for the mention!! I tried to do my best..don't know if it was my best or not! But it always fun editing your tweets! :)

    I'm glad you had a good time and the safari and like the way you've described all the details LOL!..sorry I couldn't make it..would have been awesome fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops correction..*editing his blog posts! I've been tweeting too much I guess! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. u got a real knack in writing! the description is so vivid n colourful!its like watchin a movie!i cud almost hear sum arabian music playin in d background! u leave us craving for more! keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. neerja12:36 AM

    nicely racily written

    ReplyDelete
  5. @happy: Aww, Gee, m honoured :) thanks for the motivation, rinka pinka :)

    @neerja: :) thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete