Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Pune: Lets go Round Round baby!!!

Man! M so glad that I m back at home finally.

This is what happens to me everytime. If m at home, I have this constant urge of going somewhere out, n when m out I get home sick within a day.

I had gone for my first cousins wedding in pune. The wedding was great, cuz in my family it was the first time that someone did tat “saath pheras walla shadi”. But since our family is not into that drum beating types so we didn’t have all that noise n all. And thank god there was no dancing as well, cuz I suck big time in that department.

I had heard a lot of things about pune, that pune is an advanced city, it has better infrastructure, scope for being better than Mumbai and all that crap, but sadly enough I was disappointed.
When I first entered the city, I couldn’t believe this is actually the Pune city. I asked all my uncles, is this really pune, they all were laughin at me saying, “wot did u expect, Bombay!”. I mean literally the city starts and ends on a single road, called the shivaji road or something. And the road is literally 2 lane with vehicles parked on the city n roads dug up all the way. And I don dare talk about the drivers, total maniacs including the female drivers. No sense of sticking to your lane, stopping in the middle of the road to chat to your long last friend, parking with your tail out, causing huge traffic snarls.

I know all the people over here who are from pune are gonna hate me but I cant help but think how can u compare pune to Bombay. I asked dad, where are all the call centres, he told me its in CAMP. I didn’t get a chance to see that. Maybe atleast that’s modern or something. I also saw few malls n pizza inns n cafĂ© shops but no Mac, atleast I couldn’t find one. And the locals, they r the most horrible, if u ask someone on the road for directions be sure he will guide u the wrong way. When we wanted to go to the reception, Hotel presidency, all of them gave hand signals, but when we reached there it was no entry in that lane n there was a no U turn for miles. We had a horrific time reaching the venue.

The best thing about pune I liked was the huge Fort situated in the middle of the city, I think it’s the old pune city. The fort is huge, it stretches like half a mile. I wanted to go inside but we didn’t get an opportunity. Also the ganpati temple, Dagdusheth, u have to go there. Once u r in the tempe, u wont feel like leaving.

Also, one funny thing happened in the wedding. Usually weddings are a secret match making organization under cover. So all the prospective brides n grooms were here looking out for that match. Usually I directly go for the reception but it was the first time that I attended the entire marriage ceremony from haldi to the reception, so my parents introduced me to many families and one of them actually had a proposal for me, lol
And when mom told me this I just couldn’t stop laughing. Here I am, still in my final year and m already in the hit list.. just cant wait to tell A about this and see her reaction ;)

4 comments:

  1. Shaniwar Vaada is in ruins man.

    Dude, wedding and no mention of ice cream?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PUNE ROCKS i'm frm pune lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already on the hitlist? After a while it wont seem so funny. :P

    Pune is an amazing place, atleast it was the last time I visisted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think pune is a very sweet place for its so calm and the people out there so friendly,perhaps not as advanced as mumbai but every place has its own beauty...infact this time that when i was on my way to mumbai from bangalore,i had to go via lonavala and the place seemed awesome...aha!a proposal...so now you are in the eligible bachelor's list?....yeh,go ahed and say it to A...i'm sure you too mite be taken for a surprise,she may be having more proposals than you do ;-)

    ReplyDelete