Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Singles Awareness Day"


So this doomed day has befallen on all of us once again. It should more be called as "Singles Awareness Day" I believe this day is the ostracization of all the singles in the world and its like specially tailored for one look like a fish out of water on this day of extreme mush-ism. I am pretty sure, if someone looked up for the statistics, they will find a lot more suicides by perfectly healthy single humans than any other day. (New Years Eve comes second.) 

I received much flak for speaking out and bashing of this day on twitter. So I will resort to speaking my mind here. 

1. For all the couple DP's with cling-on's like they would run away if you leave them alone - Die.
2. For all the love quotes suddenly spreading like a psychotic virus  - Die.
3. For people suddenly acting extra horny by proposing every girl in sight - Die
4. PDA = DIE
5. All the people who are depressed cuz they don't have a valentine - Die.

When I got up today, I had this thought in my head. What if like St.Valentine there was a St.Narsimha who would preach the message of hate instead of love. At least the balance in the universe would be restored. But truly, that dude will cringe in his grave if he came to know what mockery has been made in his name. For this particular day, I am even ready to conspire together with MNS and Shiv-Sena to burn all those V- day cards and even beat the hell out of couples coochie-cooing in public parks. 

Its not like I am anti-love or something, but I don't believe in making a display of it. The one I love knows how I feel about it and thats enough for both of us. And I don't need just one day to make her realize that. I am pretty much old school when it comes to that. 

So here comes the shocker! Are you ready to be surprised? 

I wrote a post, couple of days back for a blog of friend of mine @defiantprincess . She almost threatened if I didn't write a love story. Its called The Prodigal Valentine A complete fictitious story based on my imagination alone. So don't start getting any ideas there. 

The amount of feedback and "likes" I received for that story is just mind-boggling. Its like people still like all that cheesy love stories. A tip to all the commercial writers, abandon all that gore and thriller stories, just write a heart wrenching love-story and people will just lap it up like hungry dogs. 

Sad, but true.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:46 AM

    I like the list of people you've asked to die.
    And St. Narsimha's day - Remember we'll spread blacks and greys instead of reds and pinks :D

    P.S. You never told me you were writing a post!

    ReplyDelete