Sunday, February 06, 2011

The Perdition - III



Part 3 of 3

Continued from Part - II || Part I

..“He owes the prince 3.5 Mil”

“Could you please repeat?” My jaw just dropped to the floor, I just couldn't believe my ears. How could a guy like him owe freaking 3.5 million to anybody.

I tried to enquire further, “How did Caelan manage to lose such a lot of money?”

“He played at the high stakes poker table, was a regular here a few years back, he was the next big thing which earned him an entry onto the no limits table but luck as they say is a bitch and when it decides to take you down, it takes you down hard.”

“Caelan’s dad is a filthy rich businessman, I am sure he will arrange the money” I tried telling them but it was really more to convince myself.

Two more hours went by in trying to just digest the fact that the fucker lost that kinda money gambling. The money that would take me at least 4 years to save up. Another thing that was bothering me was that I hadn’t seen Nina after she served drinks and I still could not forget that look that she gave to Caelan.

So I asked them again, “Do Caelan and Nina know each other?”

“She used to be your boy’s girl, and the only reason prince kept her alive was because he knew Caelan would come back here someday. She was the one who called up prince to sell his punk ass off. Caelan broke her heart when he ran away alone and left her here to die for the sharks.”

I knew then, I was a dead man, a sacrificial goat, he is not really going to come back. Now it all made perfect sense, his disappearance 2 years ago and why he was so reluctant to come to this place. I knew one thing even if Caelan did come back, he was not leaving this place alive. Something did not feel right and it made me cringe to even think something bad was in store for Caelan.

Four hours were almost getting over and as if bang on cue, Prince was back. He did not look happy. A chill ran down my spine. He asked to bring me up to him.

“Looks like he has ditched your sad ass just like he had ditched Nina in the past. Where is he?” He reached for his gun.

“I don’t know anything. I have been just sitting here, but I am sure he must be on his way.”

“Call him. Ask him where he is.”

I dialled his number but there was no answer, I panicked and I pretended that he picked up the call and started having a conversation as if he was on the other hand. Prince sensed that something was not right, so he snatched the phone from my hand and there was none on the other side. This just pissed him off and he landed a hard low punch straight in my stomach. The pain was so excruciating and numbing that it made me see stars in broad daylight.

“You wanna fuck with me, you think this is funny? Do you see me laughing Bitch!”

I was in so much pain that I was not sure how much long it would be before I pass out. And just then I heard Caelan’s scream for prince to stop. Never was I so happy to see someone in my entire life but at the same time it frightened me to think what was in store next.

“Where is my money?”

“Its in the car, let Scott go and I will bring in the money”

“You know, you are in no position to bargain here, get me the money now and I might just let you both live.“

Caelan went out again and soon was back with 2 duffel bags. Prince asked his cronies to check for the money and after they confirmed everything was there.

“You and I have some unfinished business,” Prince had a smirk on his face.

“Look man, I am sorry for whatever happened in the past, you have the money now, just let us go.”

“You really thought it was gonna be that easy, didn’t you punk. I can see it in your eyes that you believed you could walk out of this, at least that will make it look interesting what I am about to do next.”

He took out his gun and shot him in both his knee caps. “That was for running away.”

Caelan fell to the ground, he was in agony and I just could not believe what was happening in front of my eyes. I begged prince to spare his life but he was like a man possessed and I knew he was not done yet.

He sat down and caught Caelan by his neck. There was blood everywhere on the floor but Caelan had not let out a scream yet. I tried to rescue Caelan but the guards had got me pinned down and there was nothing I could do about it other than just watch as a spectator.

“This is for ever thinking you could fool Prince and just walk away.”

And with one swift motion he twisted Caelan’s neck like a branch twig and his body slid to rest like a lump of dead meat. His eyes, they were still open, accusing me for everything that happened.

I was just too blank and numb to think or react anything further. It wouldn’t matter anymore even if Prince decided to kill me next. I just wanted to get done and over with it. But as luck would have it, he decided to spare my life and left me with a warning that if I told anyone, I would face a death far more painful than Caelan’s.

The guards collected the money bags and left. Nina was waiting for them in the car and just as they were getting into it, they all heard a strange loud continuous beep that seemed to emanate from the duffel bag and just then, Prince got a message from Caelan, that read.

“Tick Tick Tick, see you on the other side fagot

The end.

P.S: Special Thanks to @69fubar @_NidhiG & @defiantprincess for listening and assisting me with the storyline.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous !
    Loved the end :)

    wish you the best for writing some more amazing stories in the future<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:30 PM

    #love !!

    ReplyDelete