Friday, December 16, 2005

Shop-O-Phobia: Fear of shopping with ur GF


I had two choices on Sunday (tat rarely happens).. Either to go with my family to a wedding or spend time with A. Now A is working so we only get to meet on Sundays and on second Saturdays if m free.. n since we were meeting after a long time, A would get mighty mad at me if I didn’t meet her on Sunday.

And also I cant understand this mother of all wedding seasons. I think its some kinda conspiracy on the part of Pujaris in order to lure people into getting married saying such kinda dates wont come in another century. I mean I already missed two of them cuz of my exams n there are three more to go in this month itself.

So I somehow convinced mom that I wont b able to come to the wedding with them and also A had to do her Christmas shopping. Believe me, the few times before we have shopped we have ended up fighting. So I knew this time was gonna be no different and I suggested her to go with her sister but still A insisted that I come. Left with no choice, I met A at her place n she gave me her shopping list. i knew I was in for a shock
1 formal trousers
1 formal shirt
1 earings
1 pair of formal shoes
2 or 3 casual tops
1 shower cap
1 hair band

Oh man! The list was enough to drive me crazy let alone tag along her to every shop. I seriously wanted to go home but A wouldn’t lemme. So first we decided to go to globus for her formals. Now she wanted thick waist formal pants. We searched n searched but couldn’t find it. I told her to compromise, but prompt came the reply “if u want to buy something, u should buy of ur choice na, y should I compromise”. I gave up arguing with her n we moved on to the next item on her list.

After much searching, she liked one formal shirt, but wasn’t sure of the size. So she took the small and the medium sizes to try. The thing I don like about A is she makes me wait outside the changing room. And this changing room was in the women’s section n since it’s the shopping season there was a rush too. So wen she went inside I was left their alone with all the ladies around me giving me such piercing looks as if wanting to say, “wot the fuck ur doin over here, go in ur section, u don c us hanging out outside ur changing rooms, do u huh?

Finally she came out n thank god she liked it n fitted her well. I was getting so angry at her by now, I was making all kinda faces n was starting to get cranky. Then we decided to go to buy her shoes. She wanted short pointed heels, but there was no designs available in that type. So we had to check out all the shoe shops on linking road n believe me there are not less than 15 shops. Now I had really started to loose my temper n I told her either buy something or leave it. After much fuss she settled on a pair of nice looking shoes. My habit is before looking at the product I see the price first, she gets so annoyed by this. So when I saw the price on that shoe I seriously was shocked n for this I got a nudge and firing from her that I was embarrassing her. Wot m I supposed to do, are u guys selling shoes or gold over here huh.

By now, my legs had started to develop cramps n my feet felt like they had boils on them. I told A that I cant take it anymore please stop this punishment. I promise I wont ever fight with you again but please stop this torture. Somehow she convinced me that we will go to shoppers for her trousers and then we can go to juhu beach. She threw me the bait n I took it cuz I simply cant resist beaches no matter how over crowded beaches like juhu are. She got wat she wanted in shoppers and we were off to Juhu.

It may sound strange, but even though of more than two years of courtship and lifetime of memories, we don have a single picture of us together. When I tell this to my friends, they don’t believe it. Although we have pictures of each other but not together. Actually we had never thought about it before and I was adamant this time that we take a picture at juhu but A is a very shy kinda person. She was like, “it would be so embarrassing taking a picture in front of so many people” “ wot would ppl think, we don even have a camera” n many other stupid things. But this time I would have none of it n somehow I convinced her into taking that picture. She said “ok, but I wont smile”. Lol. I knew she would smile just extra fussy.

Finally we took tat pic, n it turned out pretty kool. I wanted to post that picture but A would kill me if I did.
So sorry guys….

12 comments:

  1. " The thing I don like about A is she makes me wait outside the changing room. "

    Should have gone in with her na!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ya.. i wish.. theres a security guard waiting near the changing rooms whos there only for such kinda things to happen..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate shopping with my husband because he is always making me aware of how much money I want to spend on good stuff. I hate shopping with him because he hits the thrift stores and buys all this crap because it's cheap and then we have more clutter. You can't win.

    Thanks for posting on my blog. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol.. ur husband sounds like me..
    haha.. though i hate buyin useless stuff irrespective of whether its cheap or not..

    n hey pls don b sorry.. everyone has his/her own view.. rite...

    ReplyDelete
  5. if u dont show me i will kill you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, I would have liked to see the picture. You have written so much about A that one gets curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She sounds quite nice.
    I know what you mean about standing outside the changing room and all the ladies see you as they pass by. :D
    That doesnt happen to us even if we stand at the mens section. ;)
    So you finally have a snap of both of you together. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) yes would like to see the picture too. esply since i remember her loling over the phone as you tried to warm food.
    sounds like you had a good day actually, inspite of all the (dreaded) shopping.
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Zii

    Yeah sure i vil bring it in college sometime.

    @Accidental Fame Junkie

    lol.. have to use ur imagination i guess.. and yeah when ur life revolves around someone u tend to Over rite.. i hope it doesnt get boring sometimes.

    @My Ramblings
    lol.. ya she is damn sweet.. n ya y would tat happen to u.. obviously we don mind women around us.. :)

    @Nothing Aplenty
    No ways i had a great day except for tat photo shoot.. it was like a total nightmare.. i still wake up shoutin in the middle of night

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for dropping by.

    Remember, all's well that ends well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey,this was agin another hilarious post...man!yeh i know of many men complaining and almost dreadful of going for shopping with their gf... but W was very patient and he too loved shopping... he helped me choose all the nice clothes that suited me perfect and made me look better than I do, and i helped him with the same...life was so much fun... yeh! we too meet only on weekends coz we both work and so despite all the complexity of our relation we still love spending weekends together... mostly shopping...anyways your a nice bf coz you bear it all despite hating it... man!kip it up!... and sad that we couldn't have the sweet pic posted on the blog...convince her next time... but don't blame it on me... ;-)he!he!he!

    ReplyDelete